Feel like forever since you and your family had a real summer vacation? We get it. As the weather warms up and you’re finally getting ready for some quality time away, you might be a little rusty when it comes to fun in the sun. Here are some tips to keep your family—and your home—safe this season.
Safety Tip #1: Bring the right accessories
- You might have spent most of last summer at home, so here’s a reminder: sunscreen is still important. Don’t forget to replace your old bottle of sunblock if it’s more than 1-2 years old.
- Headed into the woods? EPA-registered insecticides protect against mosquitoes and ticks that can cause more severe diseases. Because you want to bring home souvenirs, not bug bites.
- Make sure the Alarm.com app on your smartphone is up to date. And set up Geo-Services before you leave to create automation rules and alerts, in case you forget to close the garage door or turn your lights off.
Safety Tip #2: Keep a watchful eye
- Your kids are ready to enjoy some fresh air and freedom. But safety comes first. Closely supervise kids in or near the water and make sure life jackets are worn in and around bodies of water.
- Keep kids properly hydrated and know the signs of heat stroke. Make sure your family takes breaks from being out in the sun too long.
- Keep an eye on your home from anywhere with video monitoring. An Alarm.com security system lets you see and talk to visitors at your front door, and remain watchful 24/7 for any unwanted guests (from burglars to bears).
Safety Tip #3: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
- Take all the same safety precautions on vacation you would at home. That means helmets, seatbelts and masks if you’re planning to be around lots of people.
- Missed an emergency at home? If the unthinkable happens while you’re away, your Alarm.com monitoring system will contact your local police, fire or EMS.
Alarm.com will keep an eye on your home this summer so you can focus on keeping your family safe on vacation. Get started below!