ou have many choices when it comes to selecting a home security company for your Atlanta home. With so many choices, it can be a confusing decision. Here are some useful tips from USA Today on questions you should ask before you select a home security company.
TIPS ON HOME-SECURITY SYSTEMS:
There are thousands of security companies to choose from, including big and small players. If you’re shopping for an interactive system, here are some questions that industry experts suggest asking:
• Are there any hidden fees? Some companies advertise free basic equipment — such as door sensors and motion detectors — but their activation fees wipe out any savings. Some companies also advertise low-price systems that are really too small to do the job. The extra cost to add the needed equipment can be substantial.
• How much of the system works off cellular networks vs. traditional telephone lines or the Internet? With systems that are cellular-based, or at least have cellular coverage as a backup, they’ll continue to work even if thieves cut phone and Internet lines. (Alarm systems have backup battery power so they keep working even if the power goes out.)
• Does the system have 24/7 professional monitoring? That means dedicated personnel in a dispatch center who monitor systems around the clock and alert homeowners to problems and, if needed, call the police. Some companies sell security systems that don’t include professional monitoring.
• What length contract is required? Typically, companies require customers to sign up for three to five years. As with cellphone service, there are early-termination fees. They vary by company and by state.
• How much does a maintenance call cost? Free maintenance isn’t necessarily part of your monthly bill. Find out how much home-maintenance visit costs.
These are important questions to ask in selecting a home security provider. Protection Concepts has you covered on all of these questions. We require no long term contracts, no hidden fees, we have WIFI options, we have 24/7 monitoring and we take care of the maintenance on your system. Give us a call and learn why we are a top choice for home security company in the Atlanta area.